June 22, 2020 – Metricon
Metricon homes is a leading builder of houses in Australia. Metricon has a large and geographically dispersed employee base that requires access to corporate systems to meet client commitments.
Reduction of Admin Costs
- Metricon Homes Citrix/XenApp remote app platform is nearing ‘end of life’ and approaching the end of support.
- In recent months, the Citrix farm has demonstrated instability (prone to failure) with a detrimental impact to the user community. Platform reliability is a concern.
- The operational burden is increasing due to service interruption causing productivity loss.
- Designed and deployed a production-ready horizontal scaling of AppStream fleets.
- Whilst working closely with Metricon application SMEs’ an image was created and deployed successfully on five (5) legacy core lines of business applications.
- Integrated AWS AppStream with Azure Active Directory (for Single Sign-On) and leveraged Azure as the MFA provider; aligned with Metricon's existing identity domain & security posture.
- Deployed scalable fleets to ensure cost optimisation; including GPU hardware fleets to run AutoCAD.
- MVP approved for production implementation.
- Production implementation to support over 1000 users across several personas and applications.
- Over $1.2m in cost-saving over 5 years expected with the production implementation.
- $0 CAPEX investment required on infrastructure.
- Forecasting 80% reduction in admin costs to manage infrastructure.
“Oliyon has been a critical partner to us on this project. We will be working them again.”Matt Dickson – CIO Metricon